Universal Coupling AssemblyAuthor : hani Time : 2020/01/20
The Function of the Universal Coupling
1. Both ends of the universal joint can be used as active or driven in principle. The installation should conform to the design requirements of the transmission system, and the spline pair should be kept away from the vibration source or impact source.
2. For the universal coupling with retractable spline pair, check whether the spline shaft and the spline sleeve arrow mark are aligned during installation to ensure that the phase difference between the axes of the ends of the fork ends does not exceed 1°.
3. Clean the oil stains before installation and dry the flange surface. A torque wrench must be used for the flange connection bolts. Tightened to the specified pre-tightening torque, the mechanical performance grades of the bolts and nuts are 10.9 and 10, respectively.
4. Before tightening the bolts, clean the threaded parts with a cleaning agent and apply a little 242 glue, and fasten them in a staggered manner (but do not allow low-hardness washers).
5. Appropriate safety precautions must be taken at various locations where the universal coupling is likely to cause personal and equipment accidents.
6, should avoid the long-term overload of the universal coupling and the occurrence of operational accidents, otherwise, it will reduce the service life.
7. The universal coupling should be fully lubricated. The grease should be replenished once a week at the beginning of the bearing part. After the normal operation, the lubrication should be replenished once a quarter, while the spline pair should replenish the grease once every six months. When filling the fat, apply new grease from the butt oil seal until the new grease overflows.
8. The universal coupling in operation should be observed frequently:
(1) Whether there is an abnormal noise?
(2) Whether the cross bag has axial movement?
(3) Is the radial runout normal?
9. For normal running universal joints, the maintenance period is generally checked from six months to one year or when the equipment is being repaired.
The items to be inspected are: the cross pin journal, the bearing outer ring and the short cylindrical roller surface wear condition, measure the radial gap, and observe whether the contact surface has an indentation, pitting peeling, chipping and so on.
If one of the above phenomena exists, it should be replaced with the maximum allowable value of the radial clearance.