- Bar & Wire Rod Rolling Mill
- Continuous Section Rolling
- InterMediate Rolling MIll
- Re-Bar Rolling Mill
- Roughing Rolling Mill
- Steel Strip Rolling Mill Units
- Electric Arc Furnace
- Rolling Mill Rolls
- Shearing Machine & Hot Saws
- Steel Grinding Machine
- Spare Parts
High Speed Steel Rolls
High-carbon high-speed steel roll (HSS roll) is the hot-roll material with the shortest appearance, the fastest development, and the widest application prospect. High-speed steel, also known as wind steel or front steel, means that it hardens even when cooled in the air when quenched and is sharp.
It is complex alloy steel with carbide-forming elements such as tungsten, molybdenum, chromium, and vanadium. The total amount of alloy elements reaches about 10%~25%.
The application of high-speed steel rolls is an important part of the development of modern steel rolling production. It is another significant change to the development of the iron and steel industry after microalloying, controlled rolling, and controlled cooling technology. High-speed steel rolls are widely used in steel rolling in the fields of plates, sections, bars, and wires, not only for working rolls but also for supporting rolls.
The good wear resistance of high-speed steel rolls is inseparable from the obvious difference from traditional rolls.
Scope of HSS Roll Application
Our high-speed steel rolls are widely used in:
Finished frame (high-speed steel roll), front frame (high-speed steel roll), slitting frame (high-speed steel roll), pre-slitting frame (high-speed steel roll).
High-speed wire mill pre-finishing unit. Finishing Mill for Hot-rolled Narrow Strip Mill.
Finishing stands for spring flat steel mill and small section mills such as angle and channel steel.
Advanced Manufacturing Processes and Implementation Standards
Product design → roll billet design → roll billet manufacturing → roll billet acceptance → annealing → rough turning → ultrasonic flaw detection → high temperature quenching → low temperature tempering → ultrasonic flaw detection → finishing → ultrasonic flaw detection → roll body grinding → roll number → inspection → cleaning → packaging→ storage → shipments→ inspection → use and maintenance →exchanged → improvement of design.
It can be seen from the flow chart that roll manufacturing forms a closed-loop system from product design, production manufacturing, use and maintenance, and improvement design, and the quality of roll is constantly improving.
Standards for roll manufacturing and testing:
First, production must be organized according to product drawings and technical requirements agreed upon by both suppliers and consumers.
The main standards are:
GB/T 13313-2008 Roll Shore and Ribbon Hardness Test Method
GB/T 1503-2008 Cast Steel Rolls
A. Inspect the dimensions and surface quality of each part individually;
B. Perform three ultrasonic flaw tests one by one;
C. Carry out hardness tests one by one;
D. The depth of the hardened layer on the roll body is determined by the manufacturing process.
Main Chemical Components
Main Manufacturing and Testing Equipment
Heat treatment equipment
|1.5T medium frequency induction furnace|
|20T trolley type automatic temperature control high-temperature furnace|
|0.75T medium frequency induction furnace|
|20t trolley type automatic temperature control low-temperature furnace|
|2T medium frequency induction furnace|
|Vacuum quenching furnace|
|Vacuum tempering furnace|
|Direct reading spectrum analyzer|
|CA8450 roll lathe|
|Infrared carbon sulfur analyzer|
|Ck8450 CNC lathe|
|Rh-60 high speed CNC roll ring lathe|
|Ultrasonic flaw detector|
|Portable far infrared thermometer|
|Vertical milling machine|
|Plum milling machine|
|leeb hardness tester|
|Shore hardness tester|
|Gb4260 metal band sawing machine|
|Hydraulic testing machine|
|GB4240 metal band sawing machine|
|Impact testing machine|
|20t crown block|
|5T crown block|
|10T crown block|
1. High-speed steel roll material contains high alloying elements such as vanadium, tungsten, chromium, molybdenum, and niobium. The type of carbides in roll structure is mainly MC and M2C, with high hardness and good wear resistance. Compared with traditional ductile iron rolls and high nickel-chromium rolls, excessive steel in a single groove is higher, which saves roll changing time, improves mill operation rate, reduces roll consumption, reduces production costs, and improves comprehensive benefits of the plant.
2. High-speed steel rolls have good thermal stability. At rolling temperature, the roll surface has high hardness and good wear resistance.
3. High-speed steel rolls have good hardenability and hardness from the surface of the roll body to the inside of the working layer hardly decreases, thus the rolls have the same good wear resistance from outside to inside.
4. During the use of high-speed steel rolls, under good cooling conditions, a thin and dense oxide film forms on the surface of the roll body. This uniform, thin and dense oxide film can exist for a long time without falling off, which significantly improves the wear resistance of high-speed steel rolls.
5. High-speed steel rolls have a large material expansion coefficient and good thermal conductivity. With the slight wear of grooves during the rolling process, the grooves of high-speed steel rolls are becoming smaller due to the expansion of the high-speed steel material itself. Therefore, the change of grooves is small during the rolling process and the consistency of pass sizes is maintained for a long time, especially when rolling bars or threaded steels, it is more advantageous to control the negative tolerance of rolls.
6. Because the core of Centrifugally Cast high-speed steel roll is made of alloy ductile iron, the strength of the roll neck is high.
Please Feel free to give your inquiry in the form below. We will reply you in 24 hours.
Cemented carbide roll collars (also called tungsten carbide ro...
There are various methods for classifying rolls, which are: ...
The cooling bed is mainly used for slow natural cooling plate ...
Function: Side loop is before finishing mill group, function i...