Nine Ways to Save Electricity in Steel-making Electric FurnaceAuthor : hani Time : 2020/01/30
- Generally speaking, an electric furnace fast smelting furnace saves electricity than a slow furnace. The same set of equipment is faster than slower and saves electricity. At the same time, attention should be paid to the timing and compactness of charging, the size of the furnace and so on. All these points can meet the best power consumption at the same time.
- Furnace charging should take into account the ammeter, make the power as stable as possible, and maximize the output power of the power supply equipment.
- Keep in mind that the temperature of hot metal should be controlled accurately and that the temperature of the electric furnace should not be too high or local too high. This is not conducive to power consumption and lining life. A good forehearth worker can save electricity and be efficient.
- Choose appropriate electric furnace power supply equipment. If the electric furnace is too large or too small, it may increase power consumption. The same large electric furnace saves electricity quickly, the same fast electric furnace saves electricity greatly, and the high voltage saves electricity more than the low voltage. Casting time also affects power consumption, preferably within 5-10 minutes.
- Do not try to use low-grade equipment instead of cheap ones. Of course, it is not necessarily a high price. In order to reduce costs, some manufacturers cut corners and compete at low prices, so the worse the material used for equipment, the greater the loss. If copper bars are not directly plated and thin copper materials are used, the equipment will start to look the same, but the power consumption will become higher and higher later.
- The entry line is not economical, it must be large enough, otherwise, the long-term loss is quite alarming.
- Develop a good start-up habit, power as fully as possible and reduce heat preservation or baking time. When the power is not full, the power factor is low and the loss is large.
- Increasing the utilization ratio of the transformer equals saving electricity. A 630KVA transformer should be able to produce 13-15T tons of molten iron in 10 hours. If you can only produce 10-11 tons, your average electricity price must be higher than it.
- Achieve scientific oven drying. When drying, the cooling water of the induction coil should be turned off small (one-third of the normal water volume can be done). It is better to supply water intermittently and keep the outlet water temperature above 55 degrees in order to facilitate the smooth discharge of water vapor, so as to shorten the drying time. Some stokers fail to pay attention to this point and supply water normally. As a result, the water vapor discharged from the stove condenses back into the water when it meets the cold copper pipe, which makes the stove long, power-consuming and ineffective.