Main Methods of Wire Rod RollingAuthor : hani Time : 2019/06/25
- Horizontal wire rod mills rolling. It consists of a multi-row mill with each column driven by a motor. The rotate speed of each rack of the same column is the same, and the steel is fed by manual or disk in each frame for loop rolling.
- Semi-continuous wire rod rolling. It refers to the wire mill rolling method consisting of a series of horizontal and continuous mixing or continuous process of multiple stages. The former refers to the roughing mill as horizontal continuous rolling mill, which is driven by one or two electric motors, and the intermediate rolling mill and the finishing mill are classified as single-stage or multi-step transverse rolling mills. The latter consists of two to three sets of continuous rolling mills. The intermediate rolling speed is generally 20-60 m/s, and the individual reaches 80 m/s. The single line forms the production capacity of about 300,000 tons per year. The rough rolling is shared, and the double line forms 700,000 per year.
- Complex double wire mill rolling. It is the form of the first semi-continuous wire rod mill. The roughing mill consists of horizontal, tracking or continuous rolling mill. The finishing rolling mill of the intermediate rolling mill is generally composed of double-roll mill.
- Continuous wire rod mills rolling. The rolled piece rolled simultaneously in several or all rolling mills. The continuous wire rod mills rolling is the most advanced compared with the above rolling method, and its output is high, the quality is good, and the disk is heavy. The rolling speed is generally 70-135 m/s.
- High-speed no-twist wire rod mills rolling. It is a superior form of continuous wire rod mills rolling, which refers to the form in which the rolling piece is not twisted during rolling, and the rolls are alternately arranged in a horizontal and vertical manner without twisting. The exit speed of the finished product is generally above 60m/s. In the group of wire rod mills, 25-28 mills are generally selected, the design speed is 115-135m/s, 32 mills are selected at higher requirements, and 4 sets of fixed diameter reducers are added on the basis of 28 sets. 6+6+6+10+2+2 arrangement is adopted.