What’s the Main Equipment of the Horizontal Continuous Casting Mill?Author : hani Time : 2019/05/20
What is the main equipment of the horizontal continuous casting mill?
Horizontal continuous casting mill (HCCM) is the process of continuously casting molten steel into billets along the horizontal direction in a caster (as shown in the following sketch). Compared with arc continuous casting, it has the characteristics of simple equipment and suitable for producing steel with strong crack sensitivity.
The main equipment of the horizontal continuous casting machine are:
(1) Tundish: Container containing molten steel, which can uniform the temperature of molten steel and facilitate inclusion floating;
(2) Crystallizer: The key to slab production;
(3) Dummy Bar: Tools for removing billets from the mold usually use rigid hollow ingot rods.;
(4) Billet Drawing System: Including billet drawing machine and control system, setting and implementing billet parameters;
(5) Cutting Machine: Equipment for defining the length of the slab, requiring its own weight to be as light as possible to reduce the impact on billet drawing;
(5) Cooling Bed: Equipment for online storage and cooling of the slab;
(8)Cooling Water System: cooling the crystallizer and the whole drawing system. The cooling water of the crystallizer and the cooling water of the equipment are two separate circulating systems.