Hot Rolled Steel Plate VS Cold Rolled Steel PlateAuthor : hani Time : 2021/03/01
Comparison Between Cold Rolled Steel Plate and Hot Rolled Steel Plate
Hot Rolled Plate and Cold Rolled Plate
The mechanical properties of hot rolled steel plate are far less than that of cold working and forging, but it has better toughness and ductility
The cold rolled steel plate has a certain degree of work hardening, low toughness, but can achieve a better yield ratio, which is used for cold-bending spring and other parts. At the same time, because the yield point is close to the tensile strength, so there is no foreseeing danger in the use process, and accidents are easy to occur when the load exceeds the allowable load
1) The cold plate is processed by cold rolling, and the surface is free of oxygen and has good quality. The hot plate is processed by hot stamping, with oxide skin on the surface and lower thickness difference.
2) Hot rolled plate has poor toughness and surface smoothness, and its price is low, while cold rolled plate has good extensibility and toughness, but its price is high
3) Rolling is divided into cold rolling and hot rolling, with recrystallization temperature as the distinguishing point
4) Cold rolling: cold rolling is generally used for the production of the strip with high rolling speed,
Hot rolling: the temperature of hot rolling is close to that of forging
5) The surface of the non-electroplated hot rolled plate is dark brown, while that of the non electroplated cold rolled plate is gray. The smoothness of cold rolled plate is higher than that of hot rolled plate
6) Hot rolled plate has relatively low strength, poor surface quality (oxidation / low finish), but good plasticity, generally medium and heavy plate. Cold rolled plate has high strength/hardness, high surface finish, generally thin plate, which can be used for stamping
7) Hot rolled steel plate is divided into the thick plate (thickness is more than 4mm) and thin plate (thickness is 0.35 ~ 4mm); cold rolled steel plate is an only thin plate (thickness is 0.2 ~ 4mm).