Headless Welding Rolling ProcessAuthor : hani Time : 2019/09/06
Headless welding rolling process
The headless welding rolling process starts at the exit of the reheating furnace. After the billet is descaled by high-pressure water at the exit of the reheating furnace, the front end of the billet is butted with the tail of the former billet which has entered the roughing mill. The specific procedures are as follows:
(1) When the pulse generator falls down, the running speed of the billet tail which has entered the roughing rolling mill is measured, the time when the billet head and tail appear is measured by photoelectric tube, the welding machine starts and accelerates to the running speed of the billet, that is, the biting speed of the first rolling mill is one to one;
(2) Two sets of clamps clamp the ends of two billets respectively.
(3) The pulse generator is raised and welding begins: billet positioning adjustment – preheating and sparking – flash welding – metal melting – is applied with great extrusion force along the billet axis.
(4) Remove the welding nodules along with the horizontal and vertical directions respectively.
(5) Open the clamp and slow down the welding machine.
(6) The welding machine returns to the starting position and the photoelectric tube detects the tail of the billet to prepare for the next welding cycle. At this time, the two billets joined together to enter the roughing mill as a billet to complete endless the headless welding rolling process.