Characteristics and Quality of Steel Wire RodAuthor : hani Time : 2020/02/17
Characteristics and Quality of Steel Wire Rod
1. The Classification of Wire Rod
With the development of industry, the application fields of wire rods are getting wider and wider, and the requirements for the quality of wire rods are becoming stricter and more specialized.
The steel of the wire rod is very wide, including carbon structural steel, spring steel, carbon tool steel, alloy structural steel, bearing steel, alloy tool steel, stainless steel, electric heating alloy steel, and so on. Most of the steel grades that need to be processed into wires are produced into wire rods by hot-rolled wire tying machines and then drawn into wires. Because of the variety of steel types and steel grades, wire rods are usually divided into the following four categories in wire rod mill production:
(1) Flexible wire rod. A flexible wire rod refers to an ordinary low carbon steel hot-rolled wire rod.
(2) Hard wire rod. Hard wire rod refers to high-quality high-quality carbon structural steel wire rods, such as wire rods for wire ropes, and special wire rods for tire wires.
(3) Welding wire rod. Refers to wire rods for welding electrodes.
(4) Alloy steel wire rod. Refers to various alloy steels and special wire rods with high alloy content.
2.Specifications and Quality Requirements of Low-Carbon Steel Hot-rolled Wire Rod
What is more, required for the quality of the wire is that it must meet the performance of the subsequent process. The quality content stipulated by the technical conditions for general wire rod delivery is appearance and dimensional accuracy; surface quality and iron oxide scale; section quality and metallographic structure; chemical composition and mechanical properties; coil weight; packaging and marking.